Thursday, 23 June 2011

Picture 6
The first shape was applique with a interisting machine-stitching, but you can`t see it at this point.
The second layer was only painted Bondaweb, but it had`t enough contrast, so i drawed a golden line at the edge and filled out with cretan stitch. The same shape rotated 45° was the third layer. After the first layer, I padded the centre, but it was not the right time. You can`t see it at the finishd piece.

Picture 5
At the backround fabric I ironed painted Bondaweb, added the first layer with many seeding stitches. The third layer is the repeat of the first , but rotated 45°. Two pieces added for a spezial centre looking.

Picture 4
Here I used felt for the backround. The first shape is a light polyesterfabric. Here I done some needle lace. Further I added some cut-out shapes with cross stitch. The second shape is made with a silkyarn called " sari yarn " from India. I couched it with a thin thraed. The centre is accented with golden cross stitch.

Working sheet

Picture 3
Now here I displaced the shapes, I added some pieces from the cut-outs, and the centre was padded.

Picture 2
The backround is my favorite silkfabric, dyed with onion and leaves. Appliqued a red polycotten fabric with machine stitching, turquoise cotten with gold machine stitching. Added two cut-out pieces. After that i used a orange thread and stitched the second shape again, but I turned through 90°. Hand stitching was done over it, that it is better to see.

Picture 1
Two self-dyed cottonfabrics in my colour scheme, one silkfabric, golden machine-stitching and hand stitching

Working sheet

Searching for scapes and broken scissor, because the felt and the fabric were to thick

Chapter 8
Complex Samples

I had a lot of fun to do this work, but at the beginning I need a lot of time to found the right shapes for this work. The shapes I thought they were interisting , there were to complicate, and the other one looks like to boring. So I cut many papers, and look again and again in my sketchbook. At the end I used a pair of two different shapes and create in each case three pieces.
I uesed many different fabrics, hand-and machine-stitching threads. At two times I iron painted bondaweb, to become an interisting surface. It was nice to combinate machine-and handstitching together, because there can come more tension in the image.